Are you looking for a simple and sustainable manner to open and (re-)close bags? Tin ties are the best and cheapest solution for using and closing bags for a long period, and therefore they are also very popular.
The freshness of your product is guaranteed, even once the packaging has been opened, and the product can be stored for a longer time.
At BagInCo we have lots of tin ties in different sizes and colours, such as brown, white, black, gold, and silver.
The self-adhesive ties are adapted to the size of the bag. The self-adhesive tin ties are sold in quantities of at least 1,000 per box.
Advantages of self-adhesive strips
- Re-sealable: Clients can easily reseal the bags once they have been opened, another reason to buy your fresh products.
- Uniform look: Each bag looks well cared for because you can fold back the bags and close them with the strips as you wish.
- Longer storage: The bags can be closed again and again, so that the freshness of the content is still guaranteed.
- Easy to use: These ties are very easy to apply, thanks to the self-adhesive strip.
What length of tin ties should you choose?
BagInCo tin ties are available in three different sizes. The 12cm ties are for bags with a maximum width of 8cm. 14cm ties are for bags between 8 and 12cm wide. There are tin ties of 18.5cm for bags wider than 12cm.
You need 2cm on each side in order to be able to use the tin tie comfortably. You take the width of the bag and add on 4cm to calculate the minimum length of the tin tie.
The chart below gives you a summary of the width/content of the bag with the corresponding location/length of tin tie. The location gives an indication of where you can best seal the tin tie in relation to the top.
|Bag width (cm)||Tin tie location (cm)||Length of tin tie (cm)|
|68 cm, 80 cm||2,50 cm||12 cm|
|95 cm, 100 cm||2,50 cm||14cm|
|130 cm, 140 cm||3,00 cm||18,5 cm|
How to use a tin tie
BagInCo tin ties are easy to use, thanks to the self-adhesive edge. The steps for applying a tin tie correctly are as follows:
- Fill the bag with your product and make sure that you still have space to close the bag.
- Stick the strip 5mm from the top of the bag.
- Close the bag by turning the paper downwards together with the tie.
- Fold both ends of the tie towards the bag so that everything stays in place.